The top achievers by category are:
- Executive category: BMW 5 Series
- Small Family category: Alfa Romeo Giulietta
- Supermini category: Honda CR-Z
- Small off-road 4×4 category: Kia Sportage
- Small MPV category: Toyota Verso
Last year, Euro NCAP crash tested twenty nine vehicles, 65% of which reached the five star rating, compared to 90% in 2009. This decrease is attributed to the fact that the Euro NCAP’s criteria to reach a five stars are now tougher.
The poorest results of 2010 were the Citroen Nemo with three stars and by the Landwind CV9 which received only two stars.
Check out the full list of cars tested in 2010 on the Euro NCAP website.